Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Feed a Cold is a Free Pass To Eat

Catching a cold. I am catching a cold. And I am not happy. I am never happy when I have a cold. But then I guess no one is happy when they have a cold.

It hit me last night after dinner.  And today, I was okay. Functioning. But not great. Had a PT appointment after work and when I told my PT that I was coming down with cold, he said go home.  After questioning me about where I was in the stage of the cold, he sent me home.  Still incubating I guess. So no chances to take. Go home and don't give me your sickness.

So I went home. Had some dinner. And now two hours later, I want more. Feed a cold, starve a fever. So now I am about to go to the store and by snack food because well you know, feed a cold! I have a cold. Ergo I can eat whatever I want and stain the couch watching TV. No dance class tonight. No gym.  Those were my alternatives tonight. But, I'm under the weather so...you know. FEED A COLD!  Feed me Seymour. Feed me now!


Healthy eating can wait until this passes, right? Feed a cold!

It's pretty early in the game for this cold. I'm not sneezing or coughing. I'm not stuffed up. Just a bit of scratchy throat and some congestion the sinuses. But I'm so tired. My eyes hurt. Their red. I will definitely go to bed early tonight. Like by 10, which is early for me.

Oh! And I have gas. Really disgusting smelly gas. What? TMI? Aren't you glad I shared?

I mean I feel fine. I'm just really tired. And my throat is irritating me. If I medicate myself enough it could go either way. I could take my Nyquil and wake up tomorrow feeling better or I could wake up even worse than I am today.

I just want to sleep and eat. Because, well, I have an excuse to eat. Feed a cold, people! Feed a cold! The greatest advice ever given. Its a like a free pass when you're on a diet.

So if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Ralph's to get some cookies, and Cheez-Its and maybe some hummus and pita chips. And juice! I love juice!

See you on the other side of this cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment