Monday, October 24, 2016

Motivation vs. Procrastination

This morning I had a colonoscopy. All good. Three small polyps removed. All clean. Come back in five years.

Now as most of you probably know, there is some prep work involved the day before a colonoscopy. So I decided to take advantage and do some housecleaning. I had fallen a bit behind so this was the perfect opportunity seeing as I had to spend the entire afternoon and evening at home "prepping" for my procedure.

I felt very productive. I vacuumed the rugs, swiffered and mopped the floors, cleaned the bathroom sink and tub, dusted and last and most importantly took care of a project I have procrastinated for a long time.  I rearranged the art work and mirrors on my bedroom walls.

I had a few prints framed at Michael's ( a couple from my London trip and one from my New Zealand trip). I had been putting off re-doing my bedroom walls for well over  year. See when I first moved in, I had the bed positioned in the center of the room. Every hanging on the walls was placed based on the location of the furniture at that time. A few months after moving in, I realized that there was much better feng shui layout for the room. It gave me much more room to move around. But the art and mirrors hanging on the walls made no sense. And I kept telling myself that.  Repeatedly, every month or two I'd think again, "I need to re-hang my walls."  I've been saying that for two years.

Yesterday, I finally tackled it. I moved pictures around, moved the big mirror to another wall where it no longer blocked and I can now stand in front of it and see my full body.  I moved a piece from my front hall to my bedroom and put the new framed pieces in the hall. And my bedroom looks lighter. Really! Walk in now and it just feels lighter, brighter almost. All because I took the heavy dark framed mirror from the wall net to window and moved it to the wall behind the door.  And in its places is smaller silver-framed piece of art.

The front hall pieces. 

Also, I cleaned up some clutter. And I did some much needed reading. I read a script that I am directing next spring. Read through all the election day materials for the State of California so I know a little something about all the propositions and measures. Oh! And I did a load of laundry. That's right. I did all that in a day and a half.
Yes, I actually did the reading today after I got home from the procedure and in between naps. Everything else was yesterday.
So yes I was motivated by my prep for a colonoscopy and knowing I couldn't leave the house or be too far from a bathroom. Let's see what will motivate me next. For now, its more procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment